Aha a nice new shiney corner of the web to stomp around....

lostpict

Aha a nice new shiney corner of the web to stomp around....

Postby lostpict » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:02 pm

I claim this space in the name of Sauron the Great!

Feeling a bit like Lief, ready to pillage the Skraelings. So who makes the best Skraeling miniatures? How is that for starting post. I ask in the fantasy page since my Vikings know that Odin is alive and well!

Lost Pict aka Deuce aka the Dark Lord :twisted:
Happy Gaming,

Lost Pict
Outpost 603 of TSS North

John Thomas8

Re: Aha a nice new shiney corner of the web to stomp around.

Postby John Thomas8 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 pm

And welcome. All things war gaming is what we're about.

lostpict

Postby lostpict » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Oh dear, we seemed to have spilled a little blood on the floor. Not so shiney anymore, but that happens in Fantasy wargaming. There are two intervweaving thoughts that befuddle my brain this morning:

1) a significant level of fascination with Saga at Spring Fever his arisen amongst my gaming buddies in Raleigh, including some discussion of Saga Skarelings. Hence my previous questions. I managed to avoid giving in to my baser purchasing instinct at did not yet buy the Saga rules, but pondered it my heart as I drove back North. Keep that thought in mind.

2) so fresh back from 4 LOTR games I was a bit down that I had not yet found anyone to LOTR it around DC in my 5 years of military occupation. Low and behold on Tuesday a Lurker on one of the Southern Maryland game boards expressed a desire to LOTR it. I pounced and last night ran a rollicking Warg Rider versus Riders of Rohan game at his house (thus the blood on the floor in his game room and this corner of the web). Evil has a Troll, 2 Warg Rider Captains, and 24 Wargriders with a mix of spear and bow. Goody-goodies (not that I am biased) had 3 Rohan Captains and 23 Riders of Rohan. The game ran through 8 turns, nip and tuck the whole way. Lots of dead wargs, riders, and pony-men. Long story short, ultimately the last Orc Captain failed his courage check and the Evil lads routed. So there is a little AAR for the purposes of this Board, but back to Saga. No sooner had I arrived than my new gaming buddy said would you like to play Saga? (and Gnome Wars, etc.). So next game is Saga, with me being Vikings. Fate is inexorable!
Happy Gaming,

Lost Pict
Outpost 603 of TSS North

lostpict

Postby lostpict » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Truly inexorable, e-bay beckoned and Skraelings this way come. I guess I will see if Saga is for me with these and my other Dark Age lads (I have 6 pt armies of Vikings and Saxons plus a 4 pt army of Normans). If Saga is not my cup of tea, the Skraelings will serve for their primary intended purpose of a Skraeling versus Norse battle in Vinland. But back to fantasy, I wonder how LOTR Saga would work? I wonder if anyone has done that? I also have Norse mythos things including Aesir, Jotun, and Spectral Vikings. Things to ponder.

Jimmy
Happy Gaming,

Lost Pict
Outpost 603 of TSS North

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:06 pm

eBay is like a crack dealer for war gamers.

.....ooooh, look, another shiny thing I'm now just dying to have.....

Return to “Fantasy”