Future Projects

John Thomas8

Future Projects

Post by John Thomas8 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:46 am

Now that I'm basically done with setting up the Brandy Station game, what am I going to do next.

1) work out the details for running Austerlitz in August

2) Establish a painting schedule to knock out:

a) about 1,000 ACW plastic infantry and 2 dozen arty pieces
b) about 300 each Russian, German, Japanese 1/72 plastic WWII figures
c) about 400 US Army and an equal number of marine figures
d) about 400 Brit WWII infantry and 300 Australian infantry
e) paint and assemble; a platoon of Pzr IVs and Vs; a company of M3 halftracks; a company of M4 Shermans

3) continue framing, writing and playtesting a PTO scenario supplement for IABSM v3

4) write and playtest a TW&T mini-campaign for the fighting at Mt Altuzzo in Italy on the Gothic Line and submit for the 2013 TFL Christmas Special

5) comb through the pile and see what I've dupes of and sell it off

John Thomas8

Re: Future Projects

Post by John Thomas8 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Ah, and finish painting and basing my Scrubys. It'll make a nice little set of forces for soloing LFS.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:02 pm

• Finish off my scenery for Dux Brittanarium so I can run some games for people.
    Finish off my armies fro Dux Brittanarium so I can run the Multilayer campaign that I planned
    Build and paint all the 20mm WWII Russian & German stuff I have about so I can play with it
    Get enough troops & vehicles to finish of decent sized forces for both of the above
    Build some better WWI scenery for my 15mm late war models
    Finish of the WWI French half company I have half painted
    Expand the WWI British platoon I have to a half company
    Build my WWI British tank company
    Assemble some demo forces for the new and as far as I have got with it rather good Q13 rules
    Sort out some suitable scenery for this as well
    Get the 1/350 WWI planes for Play testing Algy2 ordered and sent off to Fat Wally HQ to Paint.
    Do some 2mm scenic boards for WWI for these planes to fly over
Follow my progress or lack of it on the Big Bang Burger Bar & eventually my three bolgs when I get the time to work on them.

http://www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk/Forum ... g14573#new

:evil: Ginger

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:56 am

Robert keeps posting those AARs for Q13 and I keep trying to ignore it but that stuff is getting really really really distracting.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:51 am

I know and its not as if I don't have piles of GW stuff dying to be used in that sort of game either I just dont have the day or so that it would take to recover it form the aged parents garage, loft and glory hole. I also really don't need any more projects till the above are done still my print out of Q13 is looking at me some what accusingly all the same.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:01 am

John Thomas8 wrote:Ah, and finish painting and basing my Scrubys. It'll make a nice little set of forces for soloing LFS.
Got all but the British infantry and what cavalry I have based this week....ran out of bases and WA is on vacation until Monday. :brick:

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:03 am

Shipped 7 boxes of excess WWII stuff to places across the planet, from Maryland to Australia. Lost a sale to a combination of excessive shipping costs to Ireland and good fortune for the potential buyer.

Now there's a days work ahead of me to get the stuff posted to eBay.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:59 pm

progress is being made - more will be made when I have trained up the work experience lad so I can let him get on with stuff on his own, I found a box of 1/72 German antitank guns form PLASTIC SOLDIER COMPANY (PSC) & I am assembling them as 2 50mm & 2 75mm lovely models but a bit fiddly for an easy build model.

Working on painting my PSC armour but I have Dux buildings to do first & a play test for Dux Fantastica lined up.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Do you find that PSC 1/72 is a wee bit big for use with Revell/Airfix, etc? The Soviet company heavy weapons box I bought, the troops look like NFL linemen vs gymnasts when set beside the Revell Brits I painted at the same time.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Most of the Airfix stuff at least is 1/76 rather than 1/72 not made a revel kit in years. Most of my non PSC stuff is by armourfast - http://armourfast.com/ & that is 1/72 and fits in with the PSC stuff very well.