There's over 4 decades of wargaming in the Triangle, the vast majority of it enjoyable. We here at TMW want to add to that rich legacy any way we can. Please feel free to link to other wargaming sites, we're just the new kids on the block and would like to become at least a small part of your wargaming. We aren't a replacement for any other web site for miniature wargaming in the Triangle: we want to be a compliment, a place to talk history and AARs and figures and rule sets and a place to find homes for armies we've no more use for.
But we do need to lay out some ground rules, state the obvious, and nag nag nag in this one document so as to get it out of the way and not let it intrude elsewhere here.
Let's stick to wargaming, please. If you really want to carry on about polyticks and other stuff, PM the admin and we'll set you up a "sekrit" place where you can bang away about your least favourite country/politician/media personality. Seriously, there's 50 brazillion other places on the net to carry on about this stuff, not so many about the hobby we like.
Remember, too, that your favourite figure/scale/time period/rule set is your favourite figure/scale/time period/rule set, but maybe not somebody else's. A little light ribbing about rice or board monsters will pass (mostly) unnoticed, but escalations to impolite heights will be arbitrarily hammered, no warning.
Speaking of hammers, here's a list of things what will get you a temp ban and could lead to a permanent ban, in no particular order:
1) Blatant racism.
2) #(*%#@&# every other word in the bulk of your posts. We're (mostly) adults here and should be able to converse without resorting to barracks language to communicate.
3) personal attacks on other posters, or folks that aren't even here. I don't expect any, I'm just laying out the ground rules.
4) posting copyrighted material without permission. The admin will check randomly. We really really don't want legal problems.
5) Posting any text from an Associated Press (AP) article or whole articles from other web sites will get your post edited to comply. Fair use is 4 paragraphs and that will get enforced. Give us a taste and a link, please. Try to avoid "hot linking" to images on other websites too, please.
6) Wholly adult material with no war gaming value. "Needs More Boobies" at TMP will be the standard here, too.
The admin will attempt to be as responsive as possible. Responses during the day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday probably won't happen but, unless it's really complicated, any request on those days will be addressed by 2000 that evening.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest