I Guess I Should Leave This Here, Too

John Thomas8

I Guess I Should Leave This Here, Too

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Me: over 50 dude living in the RTP area of North Carolina, "The Triangle". Started wargaming in the early '90s then took 18 or so years off raising kids and staying current with the computer industry to stay employed.

About a year and a half ago while going through our storage locker I unearthed my figures and was drawn instantly and solidly back into the hobby. Web searching for rules for 20mm WWII I came across TFL's website first and that was it, I was hooked on "Play the period, not the rules".

I have figures for WWII, planes for WWI, Scrubys for Napoleonics, skirmish and large Old West, three tiny DBM armies and a ridiculous amount of ACW cavalry and a reasonable amount of ACW infantry.

I put this website up to allow me (and anyone else who joins) to post what I wanted about wargaming and have a place where I could track my playing history and to cut down on the traffic on a Yahoo! group because folks who get e-mails sent to outside of Yahoo! web mail site were unhappy with the amount of traffic.

If there's something you want to do here, like upload files or the like and can't figure out how just post a question or PM me the question and I'll help out.

John Thomas8

Re: I Guess I Should Leave This Here, Too

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:15 pm

That I'm a through-and-through Lardie doesn't mean other rules aren't welcome, because they are. Even that lightning rod set. I will police talk about them kinda closely, though.

Chuckaroobob

Postby Chuckaroobob » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi Kids, Charles Kadlec from "the Triad", as we call Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point. Sometimes I wonder which group of cities got to choose first. Any board that has James T. Kirk on the title page deserves to be joined.

As your standard gamer with zero self control I have figs from 1/285 to my Dad's WW1 semi-flats (although God only knows where they might be); from Fantasy/Sci-fi to 7YW, with stops in Colonials, Spanish-American, WW1, WW2, Moderns, Nappies, and Pulp. I have roughly 2587 projects, not all of them are active right now.

I consider myself an "ok" painter, the point is more to get the figs on the table, preferably in less than 5 years. I don't always make that goal. :brick:

Looking forward to Historicon 2013! Just 5 Hours in a car! Oh Yes!

EvilGinger

Postby EvilGinger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am

I do stuff like that & new projects sort appear unexpectedly all the time :brick: & I lose count

:evil: Ginger

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:21 pm

The whole time I was painting up ACW cavalry for Brandy Station, I was staring at the nappies that need based, tanks that need built, close air support fighters that need built....

Chuckaroobob

Postby Chuckaroobob » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:29 am

After not painting for a couple months I finally got activated this week, and I have now completed (15mm) 3 T34/85's from Old Glory, 4 203mm tracked guns from True North (OG now) and 10 (25mm) SpAm War Spanish snipers from Tiger Minis. Right now I'm working on 2 Spanish cannons and crews for SpAm War, in the que next are 20 more Spanish infantry.

EvilGinger

Postby EvilGinger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Having quite a getting stuff dome turn myself at the moment built three more buildings for Dux Brittanarium yesterday & put together a troop of British Sherman tanks which have been hanging about since January and I am just about to start putting together a pile of other Plastic soldier company tanks & guns I have had around even longer including a company of T34 tanks

I also intend to finish the large square enclosures I have been fiddling about with for months I say enclosures as they are just 14" squares with a slight bank and wattle fence which could be used for fields paddocks ochards or even enclosures with buildings in them.

Which reminds me I need to get some more this size to do with hedges and as a base for the planed Romano British Basilica

:evil: Ginger

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Making ACW fencing....seemingly miles of it....

Return to “Introduce Yourself”