James Fisher, Avon Napoleonic Fellowship

James Fisher

James Fisher, Avon Napoleonic Fellowship

Post by James Fisher » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 am

I began wargaming in the late 70s with my Dad who introduced me/us to the hobby. Actually, the preparation (painting) began in the late 70s, but our first game was in 1980! I was hooked. Some thirty-five years later I am having a wargaming renaissance thanks to teaming up with two other blokes who also live in rural Western Australia. We call ourselves the "Avon Napoleonic Fellowship", which is a bit kitsch, but we like it! :D

Our principle focus is the Napoleonic Wars, but we do occasionally do games in other periods—a bit of "light relief" as I like to say! Our preferred scale is 1/72nd. We are currently focussing on staging games of some of the battles of each bicentennial year of the N. wars.

We have a blog if you'd like to find out more (http://avonnapoleonicfellowship.blogspot.com.au)

John Thomas8

Re: James Fisher, Avon Napoleonic Fellowship

Post by John Thomas8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks for stopping by James. I'll be watching your blog for AARs from your games.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:58 pm

AAR's are always good & I would post my own but most of my games are solo & at distinctly odd hours thanks to work and tend to end when I lose track rather than at a conclusion however I hope to change this soon.

:evil: Ginger

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 pm

I play most of my games solo with TFL card-driven rules, mostly 'cause I work on the weekend when everybody else is gaming. I should start documenting how easy it is to run a solo game with the rules I use (LFS, TCHAE, IABSM, TW&T and hexless Algy).

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:35 pm

You should and so should I for that matter

:evil: Ginger